J Stokka Design ("J Stokka Design," "us," "our," we") cares about your ("customer," "customers," "you," "your," "yours") privacy. Please read the following information to learn what personally identifiable information ("PII") we collect, how we use and store it, and what measures we take to safeguard it.
Examples of such third party businesses, organizations and/or individuals include our:
- third-party vendors, such as professional print labs, used to fulfill your orders
- various third-party websites (such as Facebook, Yelp, and other social networking and referral sites) that link to ours
2. WHAT INFORMATION DOES J Stokka Design COLLECT?
- If you choose to send us an email, we will collect and use your email address in order to respond to your inquiry or message. If you choose to call us, your phone number may appear on our phone; if that occurs, and/or if you leave your contact information in a voicemail message to us, we will collect and use your phone number to respond to your phone call. If you provide PII in order to use and receive photography services and products from us, we will collect and use your PII to provide these services, conduct business with you, and to fulfill your order(s). This information may remain stored and used in our related systems, services, devices (ie, email, phone, studio management database), and/or paper records for the duration of our business - or will be removed upon written request by you - for record-keeping and marketing purposes, as well as to be able to potentially fulfill future orders (such as new prints or products) based on past photography sessions. If you request that we remove your information from our records, please note that certain information (i.e., your first and last name) may still be retained in our sales and tax records, for record-keeping and auditing purposes, for up to seven years from the date of your last purchase from us.
- The computers and devices (such as e-tablets and other mobile devices) J Stokka Design uses, and containing your PII, are password protected and only accessible to J Stokka Design employees with a need to use and access your PII for business (including marketing) purposes. Paper documents containing your PII are stored in a secure location only accessible to our employees with a need to use and access your PII for business (including marketing) purposes. If you pay by bank check, your first and last name, address, telephone number, bank name, and check number (but not account number or bank routing number) will be stored on our computers, devices, phone, electronic records (to include our accounting/bookkeeping providers), and paper records, to the extent necessary to complete your payment transaction and only for as long as they are needed for transaction, record-keeping, and auditing purposes). Having said that, it is important for you to know that our computers, devices, and phones are connected to networks (ie, wifi and cell phone networks) that are not always secure and that are susceptible to network attacks, "hacking," and theft. If you do not wish for your PII to be stored on our computers, devices, phones, and/or paper records, do not provide us with any PII. If you initially choose to provide us with your PII and later want to have it removed from our computers, devices, phones, and/or paper records, you must provide us with written documentation of your request. Upon receipt of such a request, J Stokka Design will take all reasonable steps and measures to remove your PII from our computers, devices, phones and/or paper records. Please note, though, that certain PII (ie, your first and last name) may still be retained in our sales and tax records, for record-keeping and auditing purposes, for up to seven years after the date of your last purchase from us.
3. HOW MIGHT THE THIRD PART BUSINESSES, ORGANIZATIONS, AND/OR INDIVIDUALS MENTIONED IN SECTION 1 (ABOVE) OBTAIN YOUR PII?
- If you submit any PII (to include your email address, name, and other information) in an email message to J Stokka Design, or otherwise use our website and business email addresses, then GoDaddy, Zenfolio, ShootFlow, Pixieset, and our email service provider may or will have access to your PII.
- When J Stokka Design uploads your digital images to a proofing and/or download gallery, your images may or will be available and accessible to GoDaddy, Zenfolio, Pixieset, and other related third-party vendors and businesses. This is the case even if they are uploaded to a custom-named, password protected gallery.
- Any PII you provide on the J Stokka Design website - or via the aforementioned third-party vendors and businesses - may be or will be accessible and/or collected by said sites.
- Normally, all prints and products are delivered from professional print labs and other vendors directly to J Stokka Design, and then delivered to you afterwards by J Stokka Design. In these cases, the print labs and related vendors will NOT have access to your PII. In some cases, however, arrangements may be made for prints and products to be delivered directly from a print lab or related vendor. This will only be done with your prior knowledge, permission, and written consent. In these cases, J Stokka Design will provide your first and last name and shipping address to the relevant third party vendor(s). Since you will still be required to make payment to J Stokka Design rather than to our third party vendors (regardless of where delivery comes from), your financial PII, to include payment/credit card information, will not be shared or disclosed with these third party vendor(s).
- J Stokka Design uses accounting, bookkeeping, and CPA services in order to keep our financial information and accounting accurate and up to date and to provide to our accountant/CPA and various state and federal tax reporting and collection agencies (such as the IRS and North Carolina Department of Revenue). The first and last names of our customers are routinely provided and stored with these businesses, providers, and individuals to identify particular sales, and will be stored in our paper records for up to seven (7) years for tax record and auditing purposes.
- Whether you pay J Stokka Design by cash, money order, check, or online payment providers (such as those mentioned above, including Paypal and Stripe), our bank may or will have access to the PII (including financial PII) you provide when conducing business with J Stokka Design and when submitting payment for your services and/or products.
4. HOW ELSE MIGHT PII BE DISCLOSED?
J Stokka Design will not sell or trade your PII. We will, however, provide it to law enforcement or other agencies if required by subpoena, search warrant, or other valid and legal authority or process.
5. HOW LONG WILL J Stokka Design USE AND STORE PII?
- J Stokka Design will only use and store financial PII for as long as it takes for them to complete your payment transaction with them (certain PII, such as PII pertaining to payment by check, may be retained in our paper records for up to seven years for tax and auditing record-keeping purposes).
- Non-financial PII (such as first and last name, email address, phone number, mailing address, and order history/information) may be stored online in our studio management provider records and in our paper records for the duration of our business or until you contact us in writing to ask that it be removed. If you initially choose to provide us with your PII and later want to have it removed from our databases - to include our computers, devices, phones, and/or paper records - you must provide us with written documentation of your request. Upon receipt of such a request, J Stokka Design will take reasonable steps and measures to comply Please note, though, that certain PII (ie, your first and last name) may remain in our sales and tax records, for record-keeping and auditing purposes, for up to seven years of the date of your last purchase from us.
- As previously noted, third-party businesses, organizations, and individuals used by J Stokka Design in conducting business with you are not within our control and may or do use and store your PII differently than we do. We request and encourage you to read their policy policies before providing PII to J Stokka Design.
© J Stokka Design 2016